Eikasia Bonus Points
Everyone (meaning all of you readers) work towards a grand total of 100 points. This goal does not include number of Facebook fans (until further notice) since bonus updates every 10 new fans seems to be working fine. So here’s how it’ll go:
- Every unique reader who comments on a chapter earns 2 points.*
- Every unique reader who points out a new SPAG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar) mistake or continuity error earns 5 points.
- Every unique reader who links to Eikasia earns 3 points. You must contact me with the page where the link is located–or if you’re linking on Twitter, just reply with @cajeck and/or the #Eikasia hashtag and be sure to mention that you actually read the story (as now and again I’ll have a kind non-reader give me a shout out)
- Speaking of Twitter, every RT of #Eikasia OR #weblit tagged posts earns 1 point.
- Every unique review on Web Fiction Guide, Muse’s Success, or any other review site for that matter (at a minimum of at least 300 words, unless the site prevents that) earns 15 points. Be sure to contact me and link to the review so that I know.**
- Every time someone donates 5 USD or more through paypal, they earn 8 points. Donations of 20 USD or more automatically get a special chapter from me, your choice of subject. You can choose to share this with others, or keep it for yourself. You may instead request special artwork from me, depicting a scene from the story, or something nutty you thought up (i.e. Nyx cosplaying as Rukia from Bleach, or Elmiryn battling Wolverine from the X-men.)***
- Submit fan art by either emailing it to me or submitting artwork to the “fan art” album on Eikasia’s Facebook page. It gets a bit subjective here, but I think everyone can understand the reasoning behind how points are given after that: For “sketchy” simple artwork (i.e. no/minimalistic background, low detail, low contrast, no color, etc.–here’s an example) you earn 2 points. For works that look like you spent time on it (i.e. high detail, full background, good contrast, color, shading, etc.–here’s an example) you earn 8 points. If I use the work for advertising (i.e. banners, buttons, youtube, etc.) then you earn 15 points!****
- Every new registered user on Eikasia (through the WordPress dashboard) earns 5 points.
- Every vote on a public poll (meaning it isn’t exclusive to forum users or Facebook users) earns 1 point.
*Just to clarify, you get 2 points for every chapter you comment on–but you don’t get more points for commenting on a chapter more than once. Comments on Ninth Suture do not count, as this is neutral ground so to speak.
**The 300 word minimum is necessary, as the point of a review is to give a potential reader a well-articulated idea of what the story is about, and whether they would be interested in it. These can’t be written as if they were directed at me–if you wish to critique, feel free to message me or leave a comment on a chapter. These reviews should be geared towards readers. Any other rules set by the review site in question should also be followed.
***Monetary donations, though very much appreciated, do not earn as much as reviews because they do not have the potential to attract new readers. However, every time the points are reset, you can donate to earn points again. As for large donations ($20+), the minimum amount of words I’ll write you are 15,000 (no joke!)–and you can only expect this from me once a month per person. If I have multiple large donators in a month, I may have to spread your requests apart to keep sane. My gratitude would be endless, but in consideration of other readers and my own personal obligations (work, school, family etc.) I can only do so much at once. Regarding the option of special artwork from me, please note that I cannot send original work through the mail, all work would be sent digitally via email. I guarantee not to send you a scribble, but you should be specific on whether you want/care if it’s in color or not. Also, some ground rules: I will not do nudity or anything outright sexual (subtext is fine); I’m not an art major and I don’t have all the time in the world, so I can’t really handle doing mechs, highly detailed outfits, or big crazy backgrounds–remember, you’re getting this for 20$, not 500$!; I’m not a sadist, so let’s not put in weird requests for Elmiryn fucking someone with a knife, m’kay?; I will not do anything even remotely racist, religious, or politically motivated; lastly, you just donated to Eikasia–so therefor, the artwork you will receive shall be in some way relevant to Eikasia! Special work for large donations have a six month period. That doesn’t mean I’ll take all six months, but hey, I have a life too!
****I will always ask for permission to do this first. While the logic may stand that the art is based off of my work, I think it’d also be polite and justified to consider the feelings of the artist in question. If you think I might consider your work for advertisement use, simply let me know if you’d be okay with it or not. I can also attribute the work to you, and/or link to your website so that curious birdies can see more of your art.
If you think the end goal is too high, keep in mind that the 100 points is a common pool also contributed to by your fellow readers. Also, please remember that these bonus updates are extra work that I’m willing to take on to show my gratitude. In the instance that the points go over, they will roll over to the next update.